Every once in a while, either on my LinkedIn page or my page of Facebook, I’m approached regarding getting a job in Europe.
It’s not easy, I normally respond. Mostly because of the work permits. I keep telling people to look out for big organisations online as it’s easier given that if your CV is really good, the company that hires you will not only handle your paperwork but also assist you settle in. Well, there is also another approach, leading international recruitment agencies in Europe. As one of the world’s biggest economic blocs employing more than 200 million people (according to the European Commission), Europe has a well-developed recruitment agencies network. Candidates looking to find a new job in Europe with an agency typically engage specialist international recruiters.
I chose the top 7 that I think you should approach if you really want to work abroad:
1. Tiger Recruitment specializes in PA/secretarial positions, from graduate administrators to executive assistants, across Europe.
2. Adecco is one of the big names in the industry with offices throughout Europe and globally, as is Hudson, a talent management specialist.
3. Laurence Simons, which caters to legal and compliance recruitment, has European offices in London, Amsterdam, Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt.
4. Approach People Recruitment claims to be one of the top five most socially-engaged staffing agencies, and in Europe operates from Paris, Lyon, Dublin, Barcelona and Geneva. Volt focuses on engineering, IT, life sciences, telecoms and data/analytics with offices in Belgium, France and the UK.
5. Seuss Recruitment, meanwhile, specializes in pharma and biotech roles.
6. European Recruitment claims to be an award-winning agency specializing in ‘niche technologies’ including artificial intelligence, virtual reality/graphics, semi-conductors and web technologies.
7. HR Globally Talent, with expertise in engineering, IT software, life sciences and finance/accounting, is another leading agency in Europe.